MATH IS REAL LIFE!
****TEST Wed, April 26th****
Equations and Inequalities
Seventh grade mathematics is about (1) developing understanding of and applying proportional relationships; (2) developing understanding of operations with rational numbers and working with expressions and linear equations; (3) solving problems involving scale drawings and informal geometric constructions, and working with two- and three-dimensional shapes to solve problems involving area, surface area, and volume; and (4) drawing inferences about populations based on samples.
Finding Slope-Lesson & Game
Finding Slope-Lesson & Questions
Linear Equations-Slope Intercept Form
Solving Multi-Step Equations
Wed, March 1-Ditto(Standards Assessment Ch 6)
Tues, March 7-Testing Skills
Using ditto pgs 71 & 72, make up multiple choice problems similar to the multiple choice questions on the ditto
Wed, March 8-Test-Test Taking Skills
Thur, March 9-Solving & Graphing Inequalities
Read about Y-Charts on TB pg 136
Make a Y-Chart for:
Graphing Solutions on a Number Line: Equations v Inequalities
Solving Inequalities: Mult or Div by a Positive # v Mult or Div by a Negative #
Mon, March 13-Solutions of Inequalities
Read TB pgs 126-127, then do TB 128 -129 #1-10, 21, 36
Read TB pgs 132-133, then do TB 134-135 #1,2, 18-20
Read TB pgs140-142, then do TB 143-144 #1-3,19-24, 36
Watch and take notes on the following video
It's All About the Circle
research art projects involving circles (Kadinsky, Mandala, Flower of Life, etc)
Write up a plan (steps and materials)
Mon, March 20-Inequalites with Distribution
Watch the following video and copy the examples of problems with distribution into your notes.
Tues, March 21-Marcoco: Equations with Combining Like Terms and Distribution
Watch the following video up to 8:40 minutes. Be sure to copy all examples up to that point into your notes.
Friday, March 24: Inequalities with Combining Like Terms and Distribution
On loose leaf copy the practice problems and complete......use the hints.....or watch the videos.....to help
Tues, March 38: Inequalities with Combining Like Terms and Distribution
Read & Complete Textbook pages 148-149
Complete Textbook pages 150-151 #2, 3, 11, 19, 22
Wed, March 29-More Inequalities
TB page 150-151 #2, 4, 11, 14, 20, 21, 23
Thur, March 30-More Inequalities
1. Draw Marcoco, and then write what each piece represents
2. Solve, graph, and check: 2n - 7 - 5n > 13 - 9n - 8
3. Solve, graph, and check: -3(d - 6) < -10d - 5d
Fri, March 31-More Inequalities
Solve, graph & check the 2 problems given in class
Tues, April 4-Inequalities Review
TB pgs 153 & 155
Thur, April 6-Solutions
TB 157-159 #3-7, 9, 11
Mon, April 24
Jeopardy Question and Answer
Thur, April 27
True or False
1. At most means less than or equal to.
2. To solve equations or inequalities, use Marcoco.
3. To distribute a negative by a negative, it becomes a positive.
4. To combine like terms, only refers to working one side of an equation or inequality at a time.
5. When going across the line, use additive inverses, then multiplicative inverses.
6. When solving inequalities, only switch the direction of the inequality sign if you multiply or divide both sides by a negative number.
7. Either < or > requires an open circle and is not a solution.
8. When reading from the variable, less than means to shade to the left
9. To check a solution, plug the number into the original problem, and then simplify each side by using PEMDAS.
10. When checking a solution, if it comes out to be a true statement then the solution IS a solution to the equation or inequality.
If you would like to practice some Big, Exciting Variable Equations or Inequalites, use the following website for practice problems and solutions: